Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Letter to the Editor

February 7, 2007


Hispanic Magazine, Letters to the editor, c/o one media
6355 N.W. 36th ST, second floor
Miami, Florida, 33166



Dear Editor,


I’m writing in response to an article about religion which was published in your Jan/Feb issue. I believe everyone; everywhere should be able to choose their own religion, if that helps them in the best way possible to achieve self actualization. Some people who are “old fashioned” might feel that because of your ethnicity or country you live in should be the religion of the majority (ex: Hispanic’s: catholic or Middle Eastern: Muslim.)

I believe that some type of spiritual belief helps reduce stress and anxiety and helps us deal with life better. I am a Mexican American woman and I believe that I should be able to choose my path of faith, because I believe it’s the same god, so it would matter which path you choose to get closer to him.

What ever you decide, it’s your choice, and because you get to choose, you will be much happier. I have recently joined a religion, and I can truly say that I am much happier and satisfied with my life. You don’t have to choose if you don’t want to; it’s your choice.

Sincerely,

No comments: